Getting the most from your CenteringConnects™ Membership Jun 2, 2015 11:23:23 GMT -5 pbenson likes this
Post by Admin on Jun 2, 2015 11:23:23 GMT -5
Congratulations, on becoming a CenteringConnects™ member. Here are a few tips to help you get the most from your membership:
- Click on Profile and select Edit Profile
- Update your Avatar. You can upload your own image or you can edit the Default Avatar...try it, it's fun!
- Update your Personal Information. The more you share about yourself the easier it is for the community to provide good feedback.
- Update your Social Media settings so you can share forum posts across your other social media sites.
- Edit your forum Settings.
- Edit your Privacy Settings. This means that you can edit all the information in your profile so that only users can see it or anyone can, everything is customizable.
- Edit your Notifications. Selecting the Forum check box will send notifications to your CenteringConnects™ message center. You can also elect to have notifications sent to your email account. TIP - many people find it useful to set their Personal Message email notification to Instant. This allows you to be notified by email when a community member sends you a Personal Message.
- Join a group. If you are located in a state with an active Centering Network or Consortium you will want to join that Group. Simply go to the Groups tab in your profile and select the group you want to join. You can leave a group at any time. TIP - if you decide to join one of our Consortium groups, we suggest that you set the Mass Email Notification option in your Profile to Instant so you will be notified when the Consortium Leader sends out messages to the group.
- Follow friends and influential members. If there are members whose activity you would like to follow, locate their profile under Members and select Follow.
- Send a private message. Private messages (PMs) to other members can be sent from the Messages menu. You can also send PMs directly to a post author, simply click on the gear dropdown menu and select Member. TIP - If you would like to private message other members of our community you must post on any board or thread at least once. This helps us keep our community safe from spammers!
- Give a Thumbs Up! If you read something you like, let the author know that you appreciate their contribution (click the thumbs up button!).
- Contribute. Finally, be an active member. Post your thoughts, ideas, and questions and share your expertise with the community!